Business is the lifeblood flowing through Little River.
Whether it’s a start-up, a home-based business or the city’s newest neighbor on Main Street, Chamber of Commerce members enjoy unparalleled community support. Businesses – both above ground and below – have changed dramatically over the years. The livery stables and salt mine have been replaced with a bank, an insurance firm, and a grocery store. The fertile soil, once only home to crops, now nourishes the business community with fiber optic cable allowing local businesses to compete globally.
Grateful businesses give back to the community by sponsoring events that make Little River a great place to work, raise a family, and live a wholesome life.
“The vision of the Little River Area Chamber of Commerce is to be a communicating and promoting voice for local businesses and organizations, improving awareness of local businesses and organizations in the community through events, activities, and all means of paper and media communications.”
The Little River Area Chamber of Commerce is a progressive organization whose sole purpose is to strengthen the area’s business base, which in turn, strengthens every aspect of the community. Built on the philosophical foundation of “neighbors helping neighbors,” business leaders unite, share their expertise and experience, and look for opportunities to advance local businesses – together. The ultimate goal is to expand Little River’s economy and continue to enhance its standing as a progressive, growth-oriented economic center.
Monthly meetings offer members an opportunity to network and learn about community, county and statewide activities – and related business opportunities – through guest speakers. It is also an opportunity for visitors to learn about area business.
Chamber Fast Facts
- Membership fees: $80 annual fee.
- Non-profits and individuals: $50 annual fee.
- Per Bylaws: payment of annual dues begins on July 1 of each fiscal year. Dues must be paid by September 30 each year to avoid loss of membership.
- Payments must be either cash or check and can be mailed to P.O. Box 193 Little River, KS 67457.
- Monthly meetings: second Monday from 12:00 p.m. to 1 p.m. in Mutual Telephone’s conference room.
- 29 current members
To join, call (620) 897-6260 today!
Little River Chamber Member Benefits
- Visibility: Joining the chamber is the fastest way to get your business noticed.
- Free marketing: The Chamber website is available free of charge for members to provide business advertisements or links to existing business websites. A custom web page can be designed for businesses that do not have an established website.
Additional information: The Chamber will share liability coverage with the City for Chamber events, thus keeping its annual dues low.
- Your business deserves the best chance of success! Join forces with a trusted organization that has been promoting business since 2009.
- The Internet is fast becoming the number one advertising venue in the world, and many local businesses have national and international customers. In assessing this trend and the business opportunities it represents, the Little River chamber is investing in online marketing tools, allowing members to expand their exposure. Perhaps not all customers can see your front door, but they will have access to your business with the click of a button.
- As the chamber grows, members’ market exposure will grow through promotional and sponsorship opportunities.
- As a chamber member, you are making a difference in the community. You will be part of a unified organization dedicated to helping Little River grow and enhancing the quality life for all Little River residents.
Members Make a Difference
Chamber members share their successes, drive for growth, and dedication to building a better community. Each member’s unique perspective is a valued voice in developing local businesses, attracting new enterprise and positioning Little River for a dynamic future.
Chamber Board of Directors
Jessica Godfrey – President
Bob Weis – Vice President
Ashley Gretencord – Secretary
Denice Dater – Treasurer
Randy Buggeln – Member At Large