Little River’s Ole Hometown Christmas is an annual tradition spanning several days that captures the joy of the holiday season and celebrates the close knit, neighbor-helping-neighbor community creed. A Christmas tree is prominently displayed in the center of Main Street, and the celebration officially begins with the tree lighting ceremony which delights young and old alike. Ole Hometown Christmas concludes with a visit from Santa Claus and gift giveaway with a variety of items donated by local businesses and families.
2016 Schedule of Events
This year, the Ole Hometown Christmas Celebration has been moved to the first weekend of December. See the full list of events below. Let us make this a weekend that gets our holiday season started in the spirit it was intended, by enjoying a couple days of giving, and fellowship with friends, family and community!
Friday, December 2nd
- 7:00 am-Noon and 1:00-3:00 pm – Open House at Little River State Bank
Saturday, December 3rd
- 6:30-10:00 am – Biscuits and gravy breakfast at the Senior Center to benefit the splash pad in the park
- 10:00 am-12:30pm – Kristi Whorton Homemade donuts at Rice County Builders and hot cider at Oswalt Auction and Realty
- 10:30 am – 4H Kids bake sale in the American Legion Building
- 11:00 am-1:00 pm – Just for kids Christmas shop in the Senior Center
- 11:30-1:00 pm – Soups and desserts served at the American Legion
- 1:00 pm – Santa arrives at the Senior Center!
- 2:00 pm – Raffle drawing for gifts in the American Legion
Sunday, December 4th
- 4:30-7:00 pm – Holiday Home Tour. Tour four beautifully decorated homes in the Little River area. Tickets are $8.00.
- 7:00 pm – Lighting of the Main Street Christmas Tree