Little River Community Fund Grant Request Guidelines
The mission of the Little River Community Fund is to financially support innovative projects that significantly enhance the quality of life in the Little River community through charitable, educational, religious and civic projects.
Who Can Apply?
The proposal should be from an organization which is exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(C)(3). Units of government can apply for support of specific projects. Applications will be accepted only from those organizations or governmental units existing within the area last certificated as the territory for telephone service by Mutual Telephone Company.
What Grant Opportunities will be Given Priority?
- Projects that seek to satisfy community needs not currently being met.
- Projects that encourage collaboration among organizations and/or government units.
- Projects that expand or improve the effectiveness of service provided by existing organizations or governmental units.
- Proposals that look to the Little River Community Fund for a matching component for a specific project.
- Projects that reflect the needs of the community as determined by periodic assessment surveys conducted by the Little River Community Fund Board of Directors.
The Little River Community Fund generally will not fund operation budgets for existing organizations.
Project Areas of Emphasis
The Little River Community Fund Board of Directors has sought input from the community through surveys and public meetings to ascertain what types of projects should be the focus of the Grant Program. Through this process, the Board has determined that priority will be given to projects addressing the following identified needs:
- Projects that seek to improve the availability of quality affordable housing in the community.
- Projects that provide for infrastructure for the development of new housing in the community.
- Projects that address the rehabilitation of substandard existing housing in the area.
- Projects that address the recreational needs of the community that are currently inadequately served.
- Projects that expand the recreational opportunities for the community.
Instructions for Submission
A requesting organization must submit the following items:
- Project/Program Budget
- Copy of financial statements from applicant’s most recent year end, if available
- IRS Determination Letter
- Other supporting documents
Applications are due by noon on Tuesday, September 6th, 2022. All submissions must be emailed. Please include application and all documents in one email submission to email@example.com. We will respond to let you know it has been received.
Upon acceptance of this grant, the organization will be required to make a presentation at the next annual meeting to show how funds were used to benefit the Little River community.
*All funds will expire one year following the grant awards.*